PUSH® Sports Thumb Brace
The Push Sports Thumb Brace offers a solution when there is continuous pain in the thumb as a result of overstretching the middle thumb joint (MCP-1) due to a ball injury or fall when skiing. The thumb brace stabilizes the joint and this allows the affected ligaments to heal. The thumb cap protects the painful thumb against the impact of a ball, for example. The straps on the brace can be individually adjusted so that the user can restrict the extent of the extension of the thumb. The straps also take up the slack that has been caused by the damage to the joint ligaments. The strap system runs diagonally and provides lateral support to the middle thumb joint. The remaining thumb joints and the wrist retain their freedom of movement. The thumb
- Protects and supports ulnar collateral ligament (MCP-1), while allowing for movement of the unaffected structures
- Provides support for thumb sprains, while allowing full participation in sports
- Low profile design protects against further injury, without impeding athletic performance
- The palm of the hand is free to make contact with the ball, or for holding sports equipment.
- Fits inside a goalie glove or ski mitt
- Comfortable, breathable materials. Machine washable.
- Offers effective support after overstretching or dislocation of the middle thumb joint (MCP-1)
- Offers an individually adjustable movement restriction
- Has an exceptional position retention
- Keeps the palm free for a good grip and good ball handling
- Is easy to fasten with one hand
- Fits into a skiing or goalkeepers glove
- A contoured shell protects a painful thumb from outside impact