OTC LIGHTWEIGHT HERNIA SUPPORT
The OTC 2956 lightweight beige hernia support is very simple in design and very easy to use. It serves to comfortably hold an either a single or double inguinal or scrotal hernia in reduction, and can also be used in special situations after a hernia repair to prevent recurrence. Its uncomplicated low profile design allows it to be worn under clothing without detection.
INDICATIONS LISTED BELOW
• Plush lightweight material is contact closure compatible
• Elastic waistband in back molds around body contours for a comfortable, custom fit.
• Removable foam pads provide gentle, localized support at hernia site
• Soft elastic understraps can be tightened or loosened to increase or lessen support
• Easy bilateral hook and loop fastening and adjustment
• Completely free of metal buckles and snaps
HOW TO MEASURE FOR AND APPLY THE HERNIA SUPPORT
|SIZE||MEASURE AROUND THE WIDEST PART OF THE HIPS|
|SMALL||30" - 35" (76 - 89 CM)|
|MEDIUM||35" - 40" (89 - 102 CM)|
|LARGE||41" - 46" (104 - 117 CM)|
A. Measure around the widest part of the hips
1. Be sure the hernia is completely reduced before applying support. (Lay down to apply support if necessary.)
2. Disengage understraps in back and disengage waist band from the front piece on one side only
3. Position support pads in pocket over the hernia(s)and refasten the waistband to the front piece.
4. Adjust the waistband attachments so they are even on both sides.
5. Adjust each understrap so it is snug and then fasten it to the white wraparound contact panel on the back of the waistband.
6. The whole support should fit snug but not uncomfortably tight.