Mölnlycke® Mepilex® Border Post-Op Dressing
Mepilex Border Post-Op
All-in-one post-op dressing with extra flexibility for patient mobility
Mepilex® Border Post-Op dressing is extra-conformable and easy to use for surgical wounds, cuts, and abrasions. It's self-adherent, thanks to Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. It's designed to mould softly to the skin without sticking to the moist wound. So you can remove it easily without damaging the skin.
The absorbent pad has Flex technology for extra flexibility – so you can rely on it for treating joints such as hips and knees – to support early patient mobility. The design is highly absorbent, to reduce dressing change frequency.
Your team can include Mepilex Border Post-Op dressings in your customised Mölnlycke Procedure Trays – for even more efficiency gains.
- Helps reduce the risk of surgical site infections
- Supports early patient mobilisation
- Can help you reduce dressing-related costs
- Less pain during dressing change
- Doesn’t stick to the wound
Further Product Information
When to use Mepilex Border Post-Op
You can use Mepilex Border Post-Op for exuding acute wounds such as surgical wounds, cuts, and abrasions. The design is specifically suited to post-op use for surgical wounds and blood absorption. The Flex technology makes it very conformable – ideal for surgical wounds over joints such as hips and knees 2 3 4.
We’ve sized each dressing based on the absorbency you will need, plus flexibility and stay-on-ability. Sizes 20 cm and larger have an absorbent pad made for highly-exuding wounds. The smaller sizes have an absorbent pad for moderate- to highly-exuding wounds. All Mepilex Border Post-Op have the same, highly-absorbent pad.
Frequency of change
You can leave Mepilex Border Post-Op in place for up to seven days, depending on the condition of your patient’s wound and the surrounding skin; or as indicated by your organisational procedures or accepted clinical practice.
How Mepilex Border Post-Op works
Watch how the Mepilex Border technology works to effectively manage the wound environment.
- Blood absorption vs. seven leading post-op brands [in-vitro]
- Dispersion capacity without leakage
- Superior volume retention [wound pad and dressing border]
- Superior ease of application and removal randomized trial vs. Aquacel® Surgical
- Ability to handle blood
- Prevention of dressing residuals
- Patient satisfaction/ overall experience
- No damage to the periwound skin four trials vs. leading competitive products
- Wear time [significantly longer]
- Eliminated risk of post-operative bleeding