Stabilizing orthosis for immobilization of the shoulder joint
Bauerfeind Bauerfeind OmoLoc®
The arm sling immobilizes the joint straight after surgery or after reduction of a dislocated shoulder. The open and light construction of the orthosis makes maintaining personal hygiene easier, particularly around the wound.
- holds the arm securely
- relieves pain
- can also be worn at night
- Immobilization following surgery
- Dislocation of the shoulder
PROTECTION FOR THE SHOULDER
The OmoLoc, made up of the pelvic/abdominal strap and three individually adjustable arm loops, holds the arm in the 0-degree abduction position and keeps the elbow bent at 90-100 degrees. Limiting movement reduces pain and stabilizes the surgical outcome. The arm loops can be positioned freely along the abdominal strap to suit the patient's individual anatomy.
HIGH LEVEL OF COMFORT
The arm sling is easy to put on and can also be worn by the patient at night. The material is comfortable and does not cause skin irritation. No shoulder strap is required to wear the OmoLoc. This avoids incorrect posture and the related tension that occurs in the healthy shoulder. The shoulder strap, however, is available as a spare part.
All supports are engineered to perform one or more functions, including:
- Providing circular compression to aid circulation, promote healing and limit swelling
- Helping to restrict medial/lateral motion
- Anchoring the knee cap to help promote healing
- Helping to relieve pain,
- Limiting stress and stain over tendons, ligaments and nerves around the joint
Refer to the image above for Measurements